The YMCA of the Chippewa Valley was created when the Eau Claire YMCA and the Chippewa Valley Family YMCA merged in May of 2019 and is currently:
The YMCA of the Chippewa Valley started with the YMCA of Eau Claire in 1881. Reading, gospel meetings, socialization and physical fitness opportunities were offered to members.
From 1912-1961 the Y served as a rooming house in addition to programming with a pool and gym.
The current facility in downtown Eau Claire was dedicated in 1961 with additions in 1968 and 1977.
The Chippewa Falls YMCA current campus opened it's doors to the community in 1980, but the YMCA has had a presence in the community since the lumber and papermill era. The YMCA Early Learning Community was added in 2000 and currently serves 125 kids at the center and 250 kids at our school age sites.
The John & Fay Menard YMCA Tennis Center opened in April 2018. Located next to the entrance to Carson Park. Replaces our old Tennis facility which opened in 1972. This 8-court facility is possible because of the generosity of the Menard Family.
The L.E. Phillips YMCA Sports Center was acquired by Eau Claire YMCA in September 2018. This facility has a turf field, sport court arena and is home to our gymnastics program and gymnastics team. Several leagues for youth and adults are held here as well as family and community events.
Camp Manitou is our overnight camp located in New Auburn, WI. It was founded in 1923. Summer Camp serves youth entering grades 2nd through 10th.